Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Scrum Master & Process Improvement Specialist for Claims
The Scrum Master / Process Improvement Specialist will
* Accountabilities - Ensures agile values are understood and enacted by coaching and mentoring the Scrum Team on agile principles and practices; Enables the team's ceremonies and ways of working ? implementing, facilitating, and evolving them where needed to reach desired outcomes.
* Outcomes ? As a \"servant leader\", enables scrum teams to relentlessly deliver customer value, while never losing focus on continuous improvement / innovation.
* Coach the Team - Acts as a servant-leader for the team and guides them in their agile journey; challenges the team to see how agile values / principles can be applied to situations and decisions to the benefit of customers. Shape team behavior through excellent management via the agile method
* Facilitate Team Ceremonies - Stand up; Inception; Sprint planning; backlog refinement; team demos
* Enable the team - Increases team productivity by helping the team remove impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of their sprint goals, and preserves flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team
* Support the program & stakeholders - Ensures clear communication and organization of all team objectives / roadmap / work in process using electronic and physical information radiators, using agile charts and Key performance Indicators, where appropriate.
* Communication - Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally with technical and non-technical audiences, including persuasion and negotiation skills to resolve differences with skill and understanding
* Oversee design, implementation, QA, and validation of programming code and products
* Create project outlines and timelines and distribute responsibilities to team members
* Monitor project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing
* Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and program owners
* Document progress and communicate to upper management and stakeholders
While current methodologies are more waterfall in nature, the scrum master/process improvement specialist must possess knowledge of Agile methodologies and be able to build scrum master capabilities within an agile team
* Guiding the teams on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
* Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in any gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
* Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
* Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by engaging with the right individuals/teams
* Facilitating getting the work done with strong influential skills.
* Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
* Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and communication.
* Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
* Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example. Facilitating discussions, ideations with business and define epics, user stories along with acceptance criteria. Being able to also facilitate clarifications between business and offshore development teams is a key skill where demonstrated experience or the ability to do so is required.
* Knowledge of the insurance industry is a plus. The ability to expose requirements through detail questions and propose alternate solutions options is critical.
Successful candidate should:
* Build and maintain a solid understanding of the major IT trends impacting the business
* Maintain a broad business and IT product knowledge, including the impact of industry trends, regulatory environment, and relevant best practices on the IT business and operations
* Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of business process and products across departments, and establish strong working relationships with functional counterparts and vendors
* Understand the IT technology strategy and/or sourcing direction and how they impact the relationships with specific vendors.
* Proactively promote consistent project-based performance measurement and skills development of staff
* Demonstrate strong ability to work in a team environment and foster cross-team collaboration
Create a strong morale and spirit in the IT team through fostering open dialogue and collaborative atmosphere. Be business savvy and understand the business and system priorities and make decisions accordingly.
* Own issues with follow up through resolution
* Work independently with minimal oversight
* Proactively communicate using appropriate methods.
* Communicate appropriately with many levels, from processors to senior management.
* Generate ideas for solving problems and own through implementation
* Take initiative to learn about the system and the business
* Boil problems down to the root cause, develop multiple solution options and recommend a course of action.
* Work well with onsite and offshore resources.
* Escalate problems and questions when needed
* Effectively multi-task across multiple projects concurrently
* Continuously seek process improvement
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 10 years of relevant technical or business work experience. Demonstrate clear understanding of business process disciplines. Insurance and Scrum Master / Agile knowledge/experience is a plus.
* Scrum Master Certification and/or SAFe Agilist experience or certification is a plus.
* Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
What we are looking for:
* Successful professionals at Chubb come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common and these attributes will lead to your success at Chubb:
* Results orientation: a demonstrated ability to meet commitments under pressure
* Practical intellectual adaptability: capable and successful at adapting to new knowledge
* Personal capacity: accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time
* Communication skills: an ability to communicate successfully in various settings
* Interpersonal/team skills: works effectively with colleagues at all levels
* Self-leadership: an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed
* Client focused: understanding of the needs of customers and clients
* Work ethic: a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.